261 Mercer Mall Rd #2, Bluefield, WV 24701, USA
2.2
Layout of Store
Poster decreased review rating.

Bought from them a couple times, will not buy there again. Here's why.

Chainsaw--went in looking for a 24" bar chainsaw, didn't have one, sold out. Employee offered to put a 24 on a 20 and sell for same price, (the 24 was discounted for grand opening) He said it would run it and it was his suggestion. OK lets do it. The saw ran great but as the chain stretched it exceded the adjustment capacity of the saw and WOULD DO SO AGAIN even with a new 24" chain.

Not good. Here was local managements offer. We will refund your money LESS $100 of the purchase price and sell you a new 24" saw at full price, which was $180 above what I paid originally. THEY WANTED TO CHARGE ME $280 FOR THEIR MISTAKE.

NOPE! So after things got a little um...warm, I left. I drove to the local magistrates office (small claims court) and called Rural King from the parking lot, told management where I was and asked what they were going to do to prevent me from going inside. They gave me a full refund of the purchase price.

I hope I see one, or both of these managers on the side of the road with a flat tire and no bumper jack, because I always have one. I think $280 would be fair, in this instance, for the rental of a bumper jack.

Product or Service Mentioned: Chainsaw.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Rural King Cons: Poor local management skills, How they handle complaints, Very rude.

• Rural King Bad Service