I PURCHASED A YARD MACHINE FROM RURAL KING FOR ALITTLE UNDER $1000 ON APRIL 6,2012! 1 YEAR 20 DAYS LATER IT WILL NOT START.

THAT MEANS I ONLY USED IT FOR THREE MONTHS! THEY WILL NOT RETURN MY E-MAILS OR ANSWER MY PHONE CALLS! I AM HANDICAPPED WITH A TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY WHICH LEFT ME UNABLE TO WALK, THUS THE RIDING LAWNMOWER WAS NEEDED! IF THEY WOULD ONLY TELL ME WHERE TO TAKE IT TO GET FIXED I WOULD BE OVERJOYED!

THEY CHOOSE TO DO NOTHING! WELL I CONTACTED MY COUSIN NEIL H, THE EX LIEU-GOVERNOR OF ILLINOIS. HE HAS PROMISED ME TO HAVE FAITH AND HE'LL SEE WHAT HE CAN DO TO RECTIFY MY SITUATION!

MAYBE THEY SHOULD SCREEN THEY'RE PHONE AND E-MAILS! GOOD LUCK!

Comments

The mower has one warranty but the engine itself has a seperate warranty. They don't tell you that.

And it doesn't matter if its RK or any other retailer. And it doesn't matter who the manufacture is. But the better manufactures are putting the better engines in their frames. So usually those engines have less problems.

Not all Briggs and Stratton or Kohlers are built the same. And MTD are the cheapest made with t he cheapest engine. MTD 10 years ago where good mowers but not now. And MTD makes a lot of mowers for the bigger names.

Your entry level John Deere, Cub Cadets are made by MTD. If your looking to buy a name brand tractor from a big box retailer, know it is an MTD.

Ask many questions first. Dont rush to buy.

Did you winterize your mower. My guess is no.

You probably have messed up fuel.

That leads me to this question. How is this Rural King's responsibility?

Carbondale, Illinois, United States #658361

I purchased a riding mower from Rural king on 7/21/2011. I mowed 4 times total in 4 years, a bad drought last year.

My mower, will not start, 2 year warrenty on it. I took it back to Rural King and now they are telling me that I need a new carbeurator and it is not covered under the warrenty. The cost for that will be 90 bucks. I paid 1170.82 for the mower so that amounts to nearly 300 for each mowing.

How could the carbeurator be bad, I only used the mower 4 x.

I am disabled and on a fixed income and not a happy customer.

My paperwork says it is still under warrenty until July but not according to them.