1.4

I made the mistake of ordering an item from the Rural King website. The first (minor) annoyance was that their Store Pickup program does not include the Rural King retail store nearest me.

Looking at the list on their website I found that the do offer Store Pickup at a Rural King retail store just across the state line, not too much farther away. But then came the next (bigger) annoyance when I found that even though they say they offer Store Pickup at that store, the don't actually offer store pickup for the item I was ordering (even though it is listed as an option on the website for that item). Next (still larger) annoyance was finding that I had to pay over $10 for UPS shipping of a lightweight item costing just over $21. Oh well, I needed the item and even with the overpriced shipping, Rural King was still looking like the best place to order it, so I placed the order on their website.

Rural King never did bother sending me any email confirmation of the order, although I did get emails from both Google and Norton describing THEIR guarantees about the Rural King website (basically just that they said Rural King wasn't going to commit identity theft with my personal information). Fortunately the Norton email included the Rural King order number, because I needed that to TRY to track my order and Rural King never did bother sending me any confirmation or order number. When I didn't get any order confirmation after two business days, and of course didn't get a notice of the item being shipped, I tried to check on my order. With the aid of the Order Number (provided my Norton, not Rural King) I was able to get the Rural King website to admit that I had ordered the item.

But all the status I could get was that I had ordered it -- they didn't show it as shipped or even as "processing," just "ordered." I tried calling their so-called Customer Service phone number but all you get is a voice menu system, followed by a recording telling you how far down the *** you are and the minimum expected wait time. The BEST that I ever got was that I was 10th in line with an expected wait of at least 15 minutes.

I really don't know if Rural King headquarters simply gave their entire "Customer Service" department off for the full week before Christmas or if their so-called "Customer Service" is always this abysmal. Looking at reviews from other customers at other dates, it seems that their "Customer Service" is always this bad.

Product or Service Mentioned: Rural King Shipping Service.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Rural King Cons: Complete lack of customer service.

Comments