I placed an order for a pair of Tony Lama boots as a Christmas gift on December 11, 2017 which were in stock and said to ship in 5-7 business days. My order was nearly $200 and the money was withdrawn from my account immediately after placing the order.

I was supposed to receive a shipping confirmation once the boots had shipped and repeatedly checked my email over that period of time but never got one. I tried checking for updated information using my order number on the website, which only worked every 1 out of 10 times and made two attempts to call the company - the first with a 45 minute wait time and the second with a 93 minute wait time, both which I chose to hang up and not wait for. On December 22 (three days before Christmas and nearly two weeks after I had placed my order), I still had no shipping information and still couldn't see any updated info online. I finally decided to call the company once more and waited 47 minutes on hold before speaking with someone.

I told her if she was unable to find any tracking on the boots, that I just wanted to cancel my order. She checked tracking info through UPS, USPS and FedEX and was unable to find any tracking through any company. I told her once again to just cancel my order. She said she would send an email to the manufacturer to see if they can confirm any shipping and if so, I would receive an email saying so and if not, I would receive my refund within 48 hours.

I told her ONCE MORE that I just wanted to CANCEL my order which she again refused to do and repeatedly said she would email the manufacturer. I finally just got off the phone with her fully expecting my refund. I decided I would wait until at least until that Tuesday (December 26th) to expect it since it was a Friday and the holidays when I called. Tuesday came and went and still no refund.

Wednesday came and much to my surprise, so did the boots. At this point I had already ordered them from another company and was expecting the refund, not the product! The boots wound up being too small for my husband whom I bought them for. The day after receiving them (December 28th) , he tried returning them to the local store which they refused to do since it was an online purchase.

Fine. So he waited on the phone for 45 minutes before speaking to someone only for them to tell him that it would be another 5-7 business days before they could send me an email with a return shipping label and instructions on how to do the return.

Today is the 7th business day (and 4 weeks since my initial order) and instead of receiving my email from them with a shipping label, I've received my SECOND email from them asking for a review on the booots. THIS PLACE IS SERIOUSLY A JOKE!

Product or Service Mentioned: Rural King Shipping Service.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments