169 views
Verified Reviewer

2.0

Rural King, Washington, PA.

I had purchased a gun online, then went to the store to pick up the gun and also to purchase ammunition and had planned on buying more until......

What started out as a very pleasant experience at the store, the girl that stepped in, obviously she was in charge in some form, ruined the entire experience for me and another person purchasing a gun.

An older gentleman and a younger girl were the two employees myself and the other customer were dealing with. Both of those employees were very informative and friendly in every aspect.

We were having a nice time while the two employees were taking care of our background checks.

At the end of my purchase I needed ammunition for the gun I had purchased. This is when the other girl stepped in, rude, uncaring and unprofessional in every way. She did not care what ammunition I wanted for my new gun, she grabbed a couple boxes off the self and put them in a bag without showing me the type of ammunition or saying a single word. I had to ask what kind of ammo she grabbed and with an attitude she said "9mm, that's what type of gun you bought".

I bit my tongue and I had to further question her on what kind of ammo as in what brand, grain, etc. She then huffed, snatched the bag off the counter, grabbed the boxes of ammo from the bag and standing far enough away that I would need binoculars to see the boxes, she held them up for a half of a second then put them back in the bag again. The other two employees were clearly taken aback by her attitude. The older gentleman employee then answered my questions while the rude/ignorant employee continued with her attitude by talking over him and I both wanting to know if that's all I wanted.

On the way out of the store, since an employee must walk a gun out of the store, this rude/ignorant employee stopped two separate times to complain to two separate employees about having to walk me out, directly in front of me of course and with zero concern.

Both of the employees she stopped to complain to looked at me with wide eyes, obviously shocked by her behavior neither one of them could think of anything to say, they stood there and this rude/ignorant employee laughed and then walked as fast as she could away from us.

This young woman made it more than obvious she doesn't care about customers, fellow employees or her job. It is someone like her that ruins many customers experiences and hurts business for Rural King. Myself and the other customer were having a very nice experience until this young woman stepped in. Why keep someone like that in your store?

To the other employees who she stopped to complain about her having to do a 'walk out' someone should apologize to them for being put in such an uncomfortable situation in front of a customer.

As for myself, an apology will not do.

My family and I are regulars at Rural Kings, this was only my second experience at the Rural King in Washington PA and probably my last. This was the first time at any Rural King I had an experience like this and I would hope this is not a sign of what (who) Rural King is now employing.

Product or Service Mentioned: Rural King Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Rural King Pros: Some employees are great.

Rural King Cons: Disgusting employee behavior, Sociopathic employee behavior.

Store Location: 1500 W Chestnut St, Washington, PA 15301