Show reviews that mention
store customer customer service service manager order employees money people customers
Filter review

Rural King - Great products, horrible service.

4.4
Product quality and selection are fantastic, but every employee I've ever dealt with at the Harrisburg, IL location has been incredibly rude and unhelpful. Phone service is even worse, with half hour holds, and four or five employees asking what you need but none actually doing anything helpful at all.
Service
Rural King Customer Care
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Rural King - OVERCHARGE CONSISTANTLY

BEWARE!!! The Rural King in Harrisburg, IL consistantly over-charges. They will ring up a higher price than advertised. Also will charge for more items than purchased. Example just today 3-8-2014. Purchased six bags of horse feed. Checked receipt (something you must do each time you shop here) and a extra bag was charged. Sale price items consistantly ring up normal price. Please, please , please check your receipt. Know the price of the items you are going to purchase. They will get you if you are not on your toes. This has been an on going problem since this store first opened its doors. *** poor management for sure.

This pricing is a corporate problem. They are in charge of price changes.

As a cashier I have this problem quite often! The customer comes down on the cashier for overcharging, but it's not their fault that no one has changed the price in the system from corporate. And you can't expect too much out of the employees of Rural King. They are treated like *** and paid minimum wage.

The company is making money off of the fact that their employees aren't paid much of a wage and most of them are part time because full time isn't available unless they are managers or department managers. Have you ever noticed that your store has a pretty good turn over in employees?

I only stay because I am in school, but when I graduate in September you can bet I will be raising some *** on this company and how they treat their employees. Heck, assistant managers make 24k a year and work mandatory 50 hour weeks.

Their corporate office wont do jack**** about anything. They dont care about anything other than money.

I was a former employee. I would know.

No one is trying to "get you". You should always check your receipts at any store.

There is a 100% chance if you bring this up to a manager it will be corrected immediately. If you have any issues at all contact their corporate office.

View more comments (2)
Harrisburg, Illinois
my husband gets paid every Friday so we go in and look once a week sometimes we buy stuff some time we don't .When we were looking around employs kept following us around and i didn't think to much about it at the time. so we go to the other side of the store...

Where in the complaint is there any mention of the couple's personal attire?

View more comments
Service
Rural King Cashier

Your trust is our top priority

• 100% user-generated content
  • Professional automated and live moderation
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Equal Opportunity and Protection

541 reviews
2.3
Compare Rural King vs Tractor Supply

Latest Question

Is there a way I can order just lids for a water bottle SKU number219190040 ??

Rural King Questions