Show reviews that mention
store customer customer service service manager order employees money people customers
Filter review

Rural King - Physically assaulted by management

It seems to be apparent the company is falling apart like predicted. Most of their good employees that spent years by their side quit and left us with the worst of the worst. While working in Shelbyville , Indiana I witnessed the newly promoted Co Manager Amy Trapp get upset with a hourly associate and throw merchandise at her hitting her in the face. What has been done??? NOTHING! We were all expecting our store manager to do something about it but he is so clueless on how to lead our store he sits in the processing room hiding taking days to do a schedule just to post is THE DAY BEFORE it starts. Worst business I've ever worked at and I just feel sorry for those that can't afford to leave.

Oh my god she is the store manager now at the princeton store

That's funny I think the COO just moves problems around to different stores instead of dealing with the main issues. Management really has some major problems that needs to be addressed.

The person that was having anger issues was just moved to the Bloomington, In.

Store. She should have been terminated.

It's been 30 days and this site sent a email asking for a follow up so here it is. Nothing has changed.

The co manager still runs around treating people like they are slaves. The store manager is still there and the vault is still off almost everyday. Corp knows about this because the co manager said she was forced to give an unwilling apology.

I'll say what everyone else says. Not surprised.

You need to email Lawyer Gloria Allred. She will get you compensation you deserve and show the public how *** Rural King actually is to their associates. She would be their worst nightmare and tarnish their fake image in a heart beat.

We'll no nothing isn't going to get done until corp sees this and then the complaints sent to the BBB & labor board over this. They already let the 3 best assistants we had quit.

Honestly can't blame them for the way that COO guy talked to them. Calling them all *** on the walk before we opened. As far as The store manager not caring why would he when he has a job where when money gets short just borrow it from the store vault.

Oh wait, as he says "accidentally forgets it in his pocket".

Thank you to whoever posted this!! I was the associate that this happened to and nothing has been done about it. The store manager didnt even seem too concerned about the situation.

View more comments (5)
ID
Shelbyville, Indiana
Service
Rural King Manager

Rural King Decatur Indiana

I used to like going to the Decatur store until I had to deal with Steve, the assistant manager. Clearly this guy has no brains. I was in there for a good hour trying to find different parts for a sprayer on Sunday and I had asked him for help. He said okay and never came to help me. I was standing there waiting patiently and he just stood there with his arms crossed joking around with one of the employees. 20 minutes later he finally came over to help me and had no clue about what he had in his store nor what he was talking about..I'd be really embarrassed if I were him!

so you want him to tell YOU what YOU needed. sounds like you don't know *** either.

why didn't you know what you needed. and its you fault you stood there for 20 minutes.

you could have walked over there and asked for help. or you could have figured it out by yourself by using your eyes and brain

What? You have to be the one with no brains. Steve is very helpful.

View more comments (1)
ID
Shelbyville, Indiana
Service
Rural King Manager

Your trust is our top priority

• 100% user-generated content
  • Professional automated and live moderation
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Equal Opportunity and Protection

2.3
Compare Rural King vs Tractor Supply

Latest Question

Policies

I want to know what your policy is in regards to an employee waiting on a positive Covid19 customer

Rural King Questions