Show reviews that mention
store customer customer service service manager order employees money people customers
Filter review
I am currently an employee at Rural King store # 21 in Vincennes, Indiana. I recently started my employment in November of 2013 after moving here for college. My experience with the company has been the worst of my 6 jobs previously. The managers have horrible...

I too have found that RK is one of the worst places I have ever worked. I have been a part of the work force for over 30 years and this economy has led me to accept a job in ***.

These people make you feel like a little kid working in a Chinese sweat shop. Customers complain because the heat doesn't work in winter and the air conditioner doesn't work in summer. I haven't had to work for minimum wage since I was in high school. I have a degree in business and was laid off, ended up taking a job as a cashier at Rural King, with the hopes of finding something better in a couple of months.

Well that was 15 months ago.

Living the dream! I take home a little over $600 a month and they think we should buy shares in the company!!!

View more comments
ID
Vincennes, Indiana

Rural King - Pricing issue

On 10-10-13 my wife and I shopped in the Vincennes store. As i was shopping I noted Purina beggin strips 25 oz. on sale for $8.99 with a regular retail price of $11.99. I picked up two packages and brought them to our shopping cart. My wife stated that she had purchased "beggin strips" at Wal Mart Robinson, IL for less than $8.99. I told her that obviously she purchased a smaller size and we proceeded to the checkout. However, when comparing our receipts the regular Wal Mart price for a 25 oz. package was $8.53. My wife had mentioned that (while we were in the store that she thought several prices had been raised) but we continued to shop. Over the years I have become accustomed to :trusting" RK for low pricing. However, it appears that while you are growing in store numbers (I read your web info) I hope you won't forget that without treating the cusomter fairly the business can decrease as fast as it has increased. On a dog treat item there should not be this difference in price. A VERY DISAPPOINTED SHOPPER!!!!!!

It's all about the profit now a days. They gotta pay for all those helicopters, new jets and high paid competitors that jump ship somehow.

Guess who pays for it? Surely not the money hungry corp owners! Yes, the employees that no longer get raises because the economy is bad & the customers.

So to clarify your observation your not crazy.

ID
Vincennes, Indiana

Your trust is our top priority

• 100% user-generated content
  • Professional automated and live moderation
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Equal Opportunity and Protection