Shelbyville, Kentucky
5.8K views

From what I have been told the CEO of Rural King flew down to the Shelbyville,ky store as to inquire as to the fall in sales. He was informed that there are a lot of former Military farmers and military personal that live and shop at this store Rural king was offering a military discount to veterans, then we where informed that will no longer happen so sales dropped as to why the CEO came down to inquire as to why the drop in sales.

From what we where told the military discount would be reinstated all year long. Sales improved now we have ( Military veterans that is ) been told that we will no longer get the small discount. Could some one explain to us why this issue keeps coming up. Is the CEO not a man of his word are does he just not no what is happening at this store.

I would like a replay to this issue ASAP .

Thank You Former Staff Sargent Ronald W Cole.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Comments

I visited Rural King website and did an online chat. The representative advised that they do not give discounts to Military or Veterans. 24 May 2019

I just went over n bought a blind from rule king of Litchfield il. That's when I found out they DON'T give seniors nor vets discounts.

I WASgoing to buy a new gun there but not now. I will not buy anything from them.

Your new Gainesville store is always 95% empty, I believe for a number of reasons....Today, I needed a price on your plastic storage boxes...I searched your entire store before finally finding an available employee to ask, and when I did show him the boxes, his response was that he just did not know the price and that maybe the cashier could find a price..I went to the cashier and she searched your records and finally came up with a price on a different box...I went ahead and bought 5 of them...I like animals a lot, and I feed all the stray cats in my neighborhood next to your store...your price for a can of Friskies Cat Food is 48 cents...I took 24 pack and a 32 pack of these cans to your cashier and asked her what my savings would be by purchasing the larger quantities of this Cat Food....she used her calculator and found my savings would be 1 cent per can in large quantities...I will by my cat food elsewhere. I am a somewhat disabled 77 year old Vietnam era Vet.

and I am interested in buying one of your $179 Kayaks + a life vest + paddles + a car rooftop carrier for exercise needed in my senior years....Total Cost is about $300.

Is there any senior or veteran discount available to me if I decide to make this purchase? Thanks Mickey James (mickeyjamesmusic@yahoo.com) or (352)204-5000...Your store is in a good location and should be packed, but I have never seen more than a small number of customers there...Maybe you can find another way to attract customers.

Again, I am a current employee of RK. I think we should have military discount for all military.

I tell my customer's who ask about it to contact the main office.

They don't care it is all about the bottom line bonuses this company is a billion dollar company you'd think they'd give back to those who put there lives on the line

Lawrenceville, Virginia, United States #1307764

A new Rural King store has recently opened in Fairlawn, VA. There is a large population of active and retired military in the area.

Lowes and Home Depot and Tractor Supply all offer a 10% military discount. I would think Rural King might want to do the same.

Chuck Thomas

Senior Chief Petty Officer USN Retired

Went to Rural King In St Clairsville Ohio

asked about veteran discount.Clerk said no discount for veterans their prices included discount.I guess everyone is a veteran.

Huntington, West Virginia, United States #1233845

Went to Rural King in KY yesterday 10/29/16 and was told they no longer have military discount. Clerk said they were working on new program but was not in effect yet. Going some where else.

Some of the employees did give a veterans discount at this store, others refused to do so. I asked each time and the mgr.

would tell them yes they did and the cashier acted like she was pissed and each time I went in, same thing. Now they have quit giving a veterans discount and flash a letter in your face if you ask about it. I just came out of the store after waiting 20 minutes in line, 1 ck.out open and the line backed up 20 deep. 6 or 7 empl.

just walking around and could care less. When this store goes out of business it will not surprise me at all.....

Kentucky, United States #1080951

I agree with you they go back and forth with this issue I myself believe that it should be 10% all the time with proper ID

It is sad that people are fighting for our country when they do not know the difference between "no" and "know".

to Anonymous #1136168

LOL! True.

to Anonymous #1379769

Why don't you go and give him a spelling lesson . He just might show his appreciation ,by putting his boot up your Ashe.

to Anoooooomous #1384425

Right on!

to Anonymous #1411568

While you sit at home hiding behind your computer. Did you ever serve in the military or do you still live in Mommy's basement?

New Philadelphia, Ohio, United States #1077769

as a current associate of rural king I can tell you that the only reason the ceo came to the store was in fact he was losing money and thats the only reason this company no longer cares about its employees or customers even if they are a veteran ,!!! alex may know whats going on within the company but he is pretty much powerless now and its gotten worse ever since they hired a lot of the former Wal-Mart reject management to run the company , and don't believe anything this company tells you !!!!!!!