6.6K views

Yesterday, my granddaughter decided to stop at Rural King in Crystal River and as we were entering the store a man with a dog on a leash were leaving. My granddaughter is autistic and has a fear of dogs which makes shopping in our area a real challenge as many stores permit people to bring their pet dogs.

Well, as we were passing the man & his dog, the dog lunged at my granddaughter's leg and bark. The man immediately tugged at the leash and gave a poor excuse of "I've never seen her do this before". Thankfully the dog did not *** my granddaughter but it terrorized her and myself. We went into Rural King and I demanded to speak to the manager.

When a younger girl came to the service desk, she informed me that Rural King has a pet-friendly policy.

She didn't even ask our names but said she'd look at the video and see if she could find the man.

Long and short of this experience, I informed her that I would NEVER shop Rural King again. I have nothing against dogs or other pets, I just feel that unless the animal is a trained "Service Animal", pets do not belong in stores, PERIOD!

Product or Service Mentioned: Rural King Manager.

Reason of review: Store Policy.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Store policy of permitting dogs, Lack of empathy from manager.

• Pets In Store
  • Service Dogs

Comments

You are a very sad, angry, hateful person. Not that what you said happened might have happened but the way your post was written is so full of hate!

I live that they allow dogs there!

It's a farm store, if you don't like it go somewhere else! Next I'll read you were attacked by one of their baby bunnies!!

#1619314

This is clearly just a bitter old lady who has nothing better to do than complain.

#1602021

Ironic, so many people calling this person a "snowflake" when pet freindly stores are a fairly recent invention geared towards other "snowflakes" that have raised Fido as a substitute child. They now either can't stand the thought of leaving it at home or physically can't because the spoiled little demon will destroy their houses. Easy to spot them, they are the ones that repeat "don't spoil it for everyone!" It is because of you people that every store is pet freindly whether it actually is or not.

to Nope #1624830

“Substitute child?” Maybe the couple cant have children. And spoiled demon? You must have perfect children and a perfect house and a perfect life.

If it's that bad don't shop there what was it that you were looking for the manager to do about the situation it's like calling police because you almost had a car accident the dog didn't bite anyone I'm thinking that you also have a fear of dogs plenty of other places to shop that do not allow dogs in there place of business

People that need to bee seen in public with their god damn dog are so pathetic..

to JackAssin #1628669

You are a dumb god damn Jack *** Puppies need to be socialized in public places, and places like Rural King are perfect places to do so.

you are such a dumb ASSet

People like you that complain about everything that doesn't cater to your lifestyle ruin it for everyone else.

I'm sorry she is autistic. The world does not revolve around one single person.

Handicaps do not put one person above another. Rural king is private property, therefore they can make any policies inside the law they see fit.

I hope this guidance helps educate you and gets you thinking about others and not just you/yours. Being selfish and bullying others is not the way to better a situation.

It's their right to allow pets. Period.

It's my right to carry legal pepper spray. Period. Any animal which comes close to me and displays aggressive behavior will be blinded. Period.

Then a civil suit -both RK and the dog owner. Period.

Then don’t come back? That’s well within your rights.

Don’t ruin something for everyone cause you had a bad experience. Geez Louise...look at the tone of your message. Rural King owes you nothing.

You’re not going to make or break them nor do you own them. Get over yourself, go to Walmart.

Get a life. Go to walmart

Sounds like you're pissed that your daughter didn't get bit. "My daughter didn't get bit by this dog, and I AM FURIOUS!!!"

This woman is stupid and probably a Democrat.

It's unfortunate that this happened. The real problem is not the store policy, but the lack of control the dog owner had over his pet.

Obviously, Rural King wants their environment safe for everyone. Don't blame Rural King. Also, as a parent, I would not have allowed my child to get within reaching distance of the dog, regardless of where we were. As a parent, one must always be aware of the surroundings when your child is with you...this was easily avoidable.

But don't blame Rural King. I would bet that this was not the first time this dog displayed this type of behavior.

If you don't like dogs, dont go to a pet friendly store. It's really that simple.

to Dog Mom #1487944

Yea that lady sounds like one of those rude pretentious annoying customers that every store hates to deal with. She's such a self-entitled dummy that she thinks just because she doesn't like their pet policy, that they should change it..

lol Like her feelings are more important than everyone else's.

This lady needs to wake up.Guess she's not bright enough to realize if someone doesn't like certain store policies, they have the right to not shop there. Jesus I swear the nerve of some people these days

to Dog Mom #1546121

that's what i'm saying

If you know that your granddaughter has a fear of dogs why would you go to a store with a pets are welcome here sign?