Crystal River, Florida
7.6K views

Yesterday, my granddaughter decided to stop at Rural King in Crystal River and as we were entering the store a man with a dog on a leash were leaving. My granddaughter is autistic and has a fear of dogs which makes shopping in our area a real challenge as many stores permit people to bring their pet dogs.

Well, as we were passing the man & his dog, the dog lunged at my granddaughter's leg and bark. The man immediately tugged at the leash and gave a poor excuse of "I've never seen her do this before". Thankfully the dog did not *** my granddaughter but it terrorized her and myself. We went into Rural King and I demanded to speak to the manager.

When a younger girl came to the service desk, she informed me that Rural King has a pet-friendly policy.

She didn't even ask our names but said she'd look at the video and see if she could find the man.

Long and short of this experience, I informed her that I would NEVER shop Rural King again. I have nothing against dogs or other pets, I just feel that unless the animal is a trained "Service Animal", pets do not belong in stores, PERIOD!

Product or Service Mentioned: Rural King Manager.

Reason of review: Store Policy.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Rural King Cons: Store policy of permitting dogs, Lack of empathy from manager.

• Pets In Store
  • Service Dogs

Comments

@majorjer

You’re dumb as *** Their are plenty of people that don’t like animals but their are more that do. If you don’t like it don’t shop there if you don’t like animals then a farm store isn’t for you anyways!

@majorjer

Majorjer The solution is stay out of Rural King. You are dictating your thoughts which don't coincide with Rual Kings policies.

@majorjer

hahahahahahahahahaha. I don't think your rights involve the right to not be around dogs.

this a private business, they make their "rurals", not you.

go find your *** elsewhere if you don't like it. talk about entitlement.

You do understand that a "service" dog can be trained by anyone for anything. The government does mandate who trains a service dog or what for.

Also, there is no registry for service dogs through the government, making anybody's dog a service dog if they want. So just wanting service dogs isn't going to always help because anybody can train them. I know plenty of people's dogs who are better behaved then some "service" dogs. The guy apologized he could have kept walking.

He doesn't have to apologize for his dog barking. You wouldn't take your granddaughter into PetSmart would you?

You aren't going to get a corporation to bend over for you when plenty of people like the pet friendly policy. I'm sure there are also kids with disabilities who love seeing the dogs.

@Anonymous

That is ***. A service dog is registered and has to go through all of training.

And esa ( emotional support animal) is the one that anyone can train. If you are going to post something make sure you are correct first. It cost me over 15000. For my service dog and he is better train than you are.

I don't like to go in public with him because people don't understand that he is a work dog and not a pet. Understand this DO NOT TOUCH SERVICE ANIMALS!

@Orisky

Do not touch other people's pets, stuff, kids, or bodies without permission. I do not have a service dog myself.

I do tell people to not touch them, talk to them, or do anything to distract them. The dog has a purpose and it cannot do its job if people are messing with it.

Well dogs are banned from rural king in pa they said it is a dept of agriculture law as of June 1

It's people like this that ruin the pleasure of a pet friendly store.

#1319488

Here is a novel idea...... keep your autistic child with dog fears out of stores that are dog friendly.

Why is it you demanding types ALWAYS feel the world needs to kiss your ***? what is so hard about accepting things in life as it is and NOT demanding that everything be changed to what YOU want? That's what I'm pissed about.... so...

to make myself "Feel" good....

I'm gonna take my 125 lb mastiff to Rural King.... I hope he scares the *** out of some irrational *** like you.

Preach on.

@Anonymous

That is what gets me about people. They know it is a pet friendly store.

It is a freaking FARM store. Do they yell at Pet Smart for allowing dogs? It is not like someone just brought their dog into Wal-Mart.

If you have a brain you know to not go up to other people's dogs without asking. Wait, now people are going to demand that people not walk their dogs.

@Anonymous

It's because we live in a society now that all of these "snowflakes" are taught by the media and everyone else that they are more important and that they have the right to be surrounded by their "safe spaces" wherever they go and at all times. It's people like her that want everyone to feel sorry for her and cater to her feelings and no one else matters. Soft self-entitled works that make me want to puke

Keep ya *** at home then or take a stroll to walmart

That has happened a lot at Shelbyville ky stores actually have had customers bit

I feel bad for your granddaughter but if you know a store is pet Friendly don't take her there end of store I do blame you not the store.thank you rural king for being pet friendly

just because u had a bad exprience with one dog dont blame the rest of us with having dogs .. and maybe teach the kid not to run up or ask question first about the dog .

GET OVER IT!!! You KNEW it was pet friendly..

don't take her next time or don't go shopping there... simple as that lady..

That is very unfair.

#1319489
@Anonymous

Life ain't fair.... Deal with it!

So let me get this straight. You took an autistic child to a place that you KNEW had animals whom are welcome, then proceded to complain about it? You should be on a leash woman, and have horrible parental and social skills.