My local store head petunias in the garden center. There were two obvious retirees asking the girl about the petunias.

We have a lot of retirees in this area and you can tell by the accents where they're from. The majority don't have a clue of growing anything in Florida as a few plants can tolerate our summer heat and that our winter is there summer. The employee who is responsible for the garden center explained to the couple that petunias are in season and that they are a full sun plant. I usually mind my own business but when I see somebody *** explaining something to somebody else that doesn't have any idea what they're talking about it just irks me.

I interjected and explained to the couple that the two years are winter plant here and as soon as April comes they begin to wither because they can't stand the Heat. The employer said I did not know what I was talking about. I said I have a degree in Horticulture as well as being a certified Master Gardener and a Floridian. She said no matter how many times you tell a lie it doesn't make it the truth and to mind my own business.

I found a manager and explain how inept the person she had monitoring the garden center was and that she needed somebody there that knew what they were talking about. She said know what you need to do is just mind your own business.

Product or Service Mentioned: Rural King Manager.

Comments