149 views
4.2

We called the Rural King store #54 to ask if they have Shell Rotella 15w40 diesel oil in red 55 gallon drums in stock at their store. The lady said if I would hang on, she would physically check to make sure.

She came back and said yes, they had one. We left as soon as I hung up and drove 34 miles. Once we got there, we went to the service desk and told the young man what we wanted (cashier 73303) He said he was going to check with the manager to make sure they had one before we paid because it would take several days to get our money credited back, and it was several hundred dollars. He called the manager and the manager said there was one in the back.

The cashier asked the manager if it was Shell Rotella 15w40 in red 55 gallon drums, the manager confirmed there was one. We paid, went to the loading dock and the guy brought out a black drum. We looked at it and told him that's not what we wanted, told him the manager said they have the Shell Rotella in red drum. He said they have not had that for several weeks.

So we drove back 34 miles with no oil.

Your employees need more training on the products you sale. Especially the manager.

I'm guessing he looked at the computer and not physically looked.

I want nothing from you, but you will lose customers with this type of service.

Becky Pratt

614-403-**** 5555 was. refunded.

User's recommendation: Do not take their word for it that they have a product.

Preferred solution: I want nothing. Be honest and know what you actually have in your store. With the price of gasoline we don't like to drive 68 miles and not get what we are expecting. .

Rural King Pros: Great prices.

Location: 23625 US Highway 23 South, Circleville, OH 43113