Laurel, Indiana

Went to the Princeton Store and bought a pair of Wolverine Boots. They were in the Clearance Aisle, and they did have a red tag (actually more pink than red). I purchased the boots along with a few other items totalling $100+. All this took place around 9 am. After running dogs to the Vet. and a few other errands, I finally returned home around 12:30. I get the 9.5 sized boots out and my foot isn't even close to fitting. I double check to make sure they are 9.5s, they are, and then I look at the box. They are 9.5 for women. Yikes!!!

I call Rural King (812-385-4078) and a female answers the phone. I asked for Dana who was the cashier who sold me the boots, but she was out to lunch. I told this young lady the exact scenerio told above, and that I want to buy Wolverine Men's boots and return these Women's Boots. If it there is a difference in price that is okay. She said fine!

I sent my 19 year-old daughter back to the Princeton store with the following: boots, my debit card and my Driver's License. She calls and tells me that RK will not take them back because any red tag item is not returnable...I didn't know that! So, I call back over and do get Dana who explains the previous statement to me. She was very sympathetic and cordial. I asked to speak to the Manager. The Manager Mark says the same thing. I remarked that I thought this was a Bull#### Policy more than once. He got angry and hung up on me. The bad part is my daughter is standing right there listening. He turns around and scolds my daughter that her dad has a potty mouth or he wouldn't have hung up blah, blah, blah! This is in front of other coustomers, and the RK cashiers. Wow! Terribly unprofessional on his part. Then he begins arguing with her.

First of all, yes...maybe I shouldn't have cursed, but I have worked in retail. If you have an employee that tells a customer something then you abide by it. Plus, I was going to spend more money for the men's boots AND RK gets these boots back??? It seems to me as they were going to come out ahead on the deal. Confused on this big time.

Dr. John Barnett

5561 S. Lincoln

Oakland City, IN. 47660

(812) 779-6524

Product or Service Mentioned: Rural King Cashier.

Comments

For one thing you should have done the errand yourself. Let this be a lesson to you that you should look at the box, not just the contents.

You did have a potty mouth, no doubt about it. I don't see anything wrong with the fact that he told your daughter that, she has probably heard that kind of language, similar or worse from you. When did an employee tell you that you could bring back clearance items, I didn't see it anyplace in your complaint.

I hope you get a lot of weird phone calls being you put your number on a public complaint site. This isn't the site for Rural King, you are on a general complaint site.