4.6K views

we purchased abattery less than 6months ago-drive car only to work-and it started not turning over so we took it to utozone whosaid it was like ll the rest of their batterys junk.we returned it to rual king who basically said sorry bout ur luck butwe'll give u a discount on a new one...say huh?i don't evn think so whatever happened to standing behind products.now icant start the ob i just got because i have no way there but my purchase of r.k. junk paid the presidents dinner bill hope they choke on their batterys

Comments

I dont think its royal kings falt i bought 300 dollar battery from cabellas didnt last 2 years.i tell u what exite makes royal king batteries i have exide battery in my car for 5 years still going sometimes u get a lemon like anyrhing else and the other place u took the battery said royal king batteries are junk its only because it not from their store think about it i dont blame u for being mad but it happens with everything

I HAVE BOUGHT AT LEAST 10 BATTERIES FROM RURAL KING AND HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH ANY OF THEM. THEY HAVE A REPLACEMENT WARRANTY WITH THEM IF YOU ARE THE ACTUAL BUYER. BEST DEAL OUT THERE FOR ME!

That simply is nonsense and an outright lie. Had you purchased a battery from RK that died within a year it would have been replaced free of charge no questions asked. If your going to lie do better than that.

Trying to give royal king a bad name do you work for competitor or something because they got free replacement on their batteries if it was only 6 months they would have gave you a new battery you better check the facts before you talk mine works great going today to purchase a new one for my other car

Not true. Just tell why you dislike RK. Even their lowest priced battery has 12 month free replacement.

I bought a Rural King AGM battery for my 2010 Maxima 18 months ago. No trouble at all...

Spring Hill, Florida, United States #1302146

First off all there's Batteries have a 1 yr. Free replacement.

So don't know how or why your notching.2nd Its beyond no bodies control as to how long anything lasts. 3rd you bought a discount battery at a discount store.

Nobody drug you in there to buy their battery. Enough said

Murphysboro, Illinois, United States #1293553

Their batteries are complete GARBAGE. I've had 4 of their "5 year" batteries go bad at anywhere from 18 to 24 months.

You take it back and they prorate what warranty is left. So to end up with say $30 towards another $70 battery.

I'm done with them. There is a reason why there is a cart full by the service desk at all times.

to Bill #1450926

Bill the reason there is a " cart full "is those are cores that are brought in to lower the cost of the battery.....but I think you know that.

I've had the same problem for years now with the junk exide rural king batteries. Do not purchase unless you enjoy throwing money away.

It's bad when even the manager knows they sell nothing but junk batteries.

We tested over 30 batteries on the shelf and they ALL failed with the exception of 1 which was smaller then what I had previously purchased, it lasted 9 months from the delivery date stamped on the side! Buyer beware!!!

East Brunswick, New Jersey, United States #1205850

your battery had a 3 year warranty why did they not honor it

there is a 12 month free replacement on there batteries I but one 9 month ago and it failed returned to store walked out with a new one

#1012056

I had the same problem but they replcaced it free of charge. They are one year free replacement

-They usually last longer than their warranty-I have three that are 7 years old-Still staying charged-Will buy again.

Galion, Ohio, United States #993919

I have had problems with Rural King batteries and had trouble with both!! I'm done buying them there!

Davenport, Florida, United States #905352

Bought batteries from rural king for years....never a problem!!

I've purchased several car batteries from rural king. Had to return one the same day.

The other exploded in my face. It was under filled and its a sealed battery. I'm taking it back and leaving it in front of the store with buyer beware on it. They sell factory seconds.

That's how they sell them at a discount.

Walmart doesn't even do that. Rural king is no longer getting my bussiness.

to another ***ed one #1408693

That's just decide....I bought a regular decide battery from home depot....had 2 year free replacement....I admit I lost receipt....but had mfg date on side of battery... showing it was 9 months old....

HD wouldn't honor it.... contacted EXIDE...TOLD ME BASICALLY SORRY FOR MY LUCK AND HUNG THE PHONE UP IN MY FACE.....SHITTY BATTERIES made by a shitty foreign company....EXIDE IS CRAP....SPEND A LITTLE MORE AND GET YOU A GOOD BATTERY....

Usually there is a reason for needing a battery to begin with. If the problem that caused the first battery to go bad wasn't corrected then the new battery won't last long. Batteries, although maintenence free allegedlly, still need to be kept clean of debris and corrosion.

It's disturbing that people in this country can't write a complete sentence. I'm not a perfect writer, but I don't even think a first grader would screw up the English this bad.

I thought most people knew that batteries are pro-rated for replacement cost over a warranty period unless you buy the ones with the no cost replacement period (this is usually stated in big bold letters on the battery and the shelf as a selling point). I guess you would have to be able to read to figure out that "secret" code. From what I have read, most batteries are made by Delphi, Johnson Controls, or Exide. Chances are good that the "utozone" batteries are made in the same plant as the R.K.

batteries with a different name stamped on them. The following is taken from Wilkepedia: "The majority of car batteries are created by 3 manufacturers - Delphi, Exide and Johnson Controls Industries. Delphi makes some EverStart models sold in Walmart and ACDelco.

Johnson Control Industries makes Duralast seen in Autozone stores, Diehard - sold in Sears, Kirkland - the Costco brand, Motorcraft - which Ford sells, some of the EverStarts, and Interstate. Exide makes Exide batteries, Champion, Napa and even a % of the EverStart batteries.