Van Nuys, California
5.9K views

we purchased abattery less than 6months ago-drive car only to work-and it started not turning over so we took it to utozone whosaid it was like ll the rest of their batterys junk.we returned it to rual king who basically said sorry bout ur luck butwe'll give u a discount on a new one...say huh?i don't evn think so whatever happened to standing behind products.now icant start the ob i just got because i have no way there but my purchase of r.k. junk paid the presidents dinner bill hope they choke on their batterys

Comments

I buy 25-40 batteries a yr and have had maybe 5 t go bad in 5 years that’s a pretty good average price is unbeatable and great service I drive 80 miles one way to get to one once a month at least

I dont think its royal kings falt i bought 300 dollar battery from cabellas didnt last 2 years.i tell u what exite makes royal king batteries i have exide battery in my car for 5 years still going sometimes u get a lemon like anyrhing else and the other place u took the battery said royal king batteries are junk its only because it not from their store think about it i dont blame u for being mad but it happens with everything

I HAVE BOUGHT AT LEAST 10 BATTERIES FROM RURAL KING AND HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH ANY OF THEM. THEY HAVE A REPLACEMENT WARRANTY WITH THEM IF YOU ARE THE ACTUAL BUYER. BEST DEAL OUT THERE FOR ME!

That simply is nonsense and an outright lie. Had you purchased a battery from RK that died within a year it would have been replaced free of charge no questions asked. If your going to lie do better than that.

Trying to give royal king a bad name do you work for competitor or something because they got free replacement on their batteries if it was only 6 months they would have gave you a new battery you better check the facts before you talk mine works great going today to purchase a new one for my other car

Not true. Just tell why you dislike RK. Even their lowest priced battery has 12 month free replacement.

I bought a Rural King AGM battery for my 2010 Maxima 18 months ago. No trouble at all...

First off all there's Batteries have a 1 yr. Free replacement.

So don't know how or why your notching.2nd Its beyond no bodies control as to how long anything lasts. 3rd you bought a discount battery at a discount store.

Nobody drug you in there to buy their battery. Enough said

Their batteries are complete GARBAGE. I've had 4 of their "5 year" batteries go bad at anywhere from 18 to 24 months.

You take it back and they prorate what warranty is left. So to end up with say $30 towards another $70 battery.

I'm done with them. There is a reason why there is a cart full by the service desk at all times.

@Bill

Bill the reason there is a " cart full "is those are cores that are brought in to lower the cost of the battery.....but I think you know that.

@Bill

Yeah that cart of batteries you are pointing out are Cores that people bring back as a $12 charge back fee... You always are suppose to bring your old battery in. Unless you wanna pay the fee and dont care.

I've had the same problem for years now with the junk exide rural king batteries. Do not purchase unless you enjoy throwing money away.

It's bad when even the manager knows they sell nothing but junk batteries.

We tested over 30 batteries on the shelf and they ALL failed with the exception of 1 which was smaller then what I had previously purchased, it lasted 9 months from the delivery date stamped on the side! Buyer beware!!!

@Anonymous

How much time did it take you to thoroughly test over 30 batteries? Either you have hours of time to waste or you are a liar. Get a life.

#1205850

your battery had a 3 year warranty why did they not honor it

there is a 12 month free replacement on there batteries I but one 9 month ago and it failed returned to store walked out with a new one

#1012056

I had the same problem but they replcaced it free of charge. They are one year free replacement

-They usually last longer than their warranty-I have three that are 7 years old-Still staying charged-Will buy again.

I have had problems with Rural King batteries and had trouble with both!! I'm done buying them there!

Bought batteries from rural king for years....never a problem!!

I've purchased several car batteries from rural king. Had to return one the same day.

The other exploded in my face. It was under filled and its a sealed battery. I'm taking it back and leaving it in front of the store with buyer beware on it. They sell factory seconds.

That's how they sell them at a discount.

Walmart doesn't even do that. Rural king is no longer getting my bussiness.