255 views
Verified Reviewer

3.8

Ordered a gun online. Got an email saying it was shipped and the tracking info was below.

The tracking info said order shipped 9/30/2020 ship to store 9/30/2020. Contacted customer service and they said it has shipped but couldn't give me a time frame. On 10/1/2020 I went to the store my gun is being shipped to to look around and get some ammo. I noticed they have my gun in stock.

The guy behind the counter says I have to wait for shipment from warehouse because I ordered online. He also said that they mark as shipped when on skid and probably won't actually ship for another week or so. The warehouse that it's being shipped from is only a 4 hr drive away.

Why am I waiting on an in stock item to ship from a warehouse? This is completely ridiculous.

User's recommendation: Don't order online unless willing to wait weeks even if item is in stock at store.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Rural King Pros: It showed in stock.

Rural King Cons: How they handle complaints, Poor service.

Location: 860 US Highway 31 South, Greenwood, IN 46143

Comments

#1947325

The reason for that is the fact that each gun has its own personal serial number. With that being said, the store may have the gun in stock but you would have to go through the whole background check and get a different serial number attached to your name and it's just a big hassle and a head ache for them guys to go through that day in and day out.

So even if the store has your gun in stock, they would be breaking the law if they were to just get one from the cabinet and hand it to you.

There's to many laws and regulations to sell guns and everything has to be in a row or FBI will be not only on the store's hind end but yours too. But this is just my opinion and knowledge from other stores I've worked at that sells firearms.

Rural King Reviews